Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Allow Me to Introduce Myself



My name is Owen Otis Bond, and I am pursuing a MET (Manufacturing Engineering Technology) Major here at BYU.  I grew up with wonderful parents, two beautiful older sisters, and loving grandparents on a dairy farm in Nebraska. Over the past few years, I have become avidly engaged with political issues and campaigns both in the state of Nebraska and nationally. From state senators, to congressmen, and presidential elections, I have developed an intrigue for political service and a strong conservative view.

Some other things I enjoy are:
* Hunting with my dog and a shotgun
* Fishing along a nearby pond or crick
* Camping year-round and falling asleep in the cool grass watching the stars move across the sky
* Working on my farm or state park
* Lifeguarding and swimming with friends at a pool or lake in the hot summer sun
* Watching Cornhusker Football games and old westerns with my grandpa
* Singing country music in my truck or car with the windows down on dirt roads and long highways
* Building, fixing, designing, and making things
* Spending time with my family

I plan to go on a mission this May and hope to become an uncle twice while I’m gone. I am eager to have a class with each of you and hope to get to know each of you this semester!

2 comments:

  1. Dude, your last name is so tight. Also, I like your choice of background. After reading your "introduction" it appears to fit you well. Props off to your good choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. As for your creativity, I think as you shared your freewriting and blog pictures it shows just how creative you truly are, and who you are. Here is my simple freewriting: “As a young boy, I grew up listening to Husker Football games in the seat of a John Deer Tractor. When commericals came on, my dad or grandfather would turn the volume down and instantly break into an old country song. In Nebraska, we not only know how to work hard, but we are born with the spirit of The Good Life and bleed Husker Red.”

      Delete